We are often told that in order to eat for optimum health we need to get the rainbow into our diets – and this is something I absolutely live by!
This dish is my twist on a popular traditional French appetiser. It is absolutely perfect to serve at any party, and can also be served as the starter before a dinner.
If you are interested in receiving a downloadable version of this recipe straight to your inbox then enter your email!
My Rainbow Crudités is super easy to make and as with many of my recipes, you can make this one in ten minutes or less! Also, you will probably find that you already have the majority of these ingredients in your kitchen.
For the crudités
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 large carrot, cut into sticks
- 1 gem lettuce, trimmed and pulled apart
- A handful of raw green beans, trimmed and chopped
- A handful of radishes, cut in half
- 1 apple, sliced
For the dip
- 1 cup of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 roasted red pepper
- 2 spring onions, chopped (save one for garnish)
- The juice of one lime
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of tahini
- 1/2 a teaspoon of chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of chilli flakes
Once you have prepared the crudités then the next step is to make the dip. You can do this by simply adding all of the ingredients (except one spring onion and the chilli flakes) into your food processor for around one minute. You can then move your dip into a bowl and sprinkle it with the chopped spring onion that you put aside and the chilli flakes.
Serve your crudités on a large plate next to your dip and tuck in!
Want to learn more about how eating more plant-based foods can enhance your health? Click here now to check out my starter guide!