This is a great smoothie for a quick breakfast or for an energising snack. Once you try it you will be left with no doubt that this smoothie rocks! Having a healthy smoothie for breakfast is such a great way to start the day and can be much quicker than preparing a meal. It can also help you get large amounts of nutrients from one quick drink!
Although I often use avocado in my recipes and frequently talk about their benefits, I would like to re-touch on the health benefits of eating them every day! Research has shown that people who eat avocados tend to have a much higher nutrient intake than those who don’t and are also likely to have a lower BMI. Check out the following five reasons why you should eat a whole avocado every day!
- Avocados are a great source of heart healthy fats. This type of fat can reduce the risk of cardiovascular problems as well as lowering cholesterol levels.
- Eating an avocado every day can help to manage your weight and even support weight loss. They will leave you feeling satisfied for longer which means you are less likely to snack between meals.
- Avocados are useful for managing blood sugar levels which means they will help to lower your risk of developing diabetes.
- Chronic inflammation in the body can cause a wide range of health problems. Eating avocados helps to fight inflammation thanks to the oleic acid contained within. This compound is also found in olive oil.
- Avocados contain a healthy dose of vitamin K which is essential for building strong bones.
Getting avocado into your diet every day doesn’t have to be difficult and including this smoothie will help you on your way!
To make one for yourself, you will need the following ingredients:
1/2 an avocado, peeled and de-stoned
1 green apple, roughly chopped
1 cup / 8fl oz / 225ml of coconut milk
1 cup / 2 1/2 oz / 70g of spinach
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
3 ice cubes
All you have to do is place all of the ingredients in a blender and blitz until smooth. When blending with ice it is best to start on a low speed and gradually speed up. Alternatively you can blitz it first and serve over ice. Enjoy!