Use Your Mind to Create The Future You Want

The idea that the thoughts you frequently experience in your mind mould your experience in life is a one that is often contemplated. Can we really imagine the existence that we want into reality simply through positive thinking? It may sound far-fetched for some, but there are a growing number of people who advocate this way of improving your life.

Far from being able to magically manifest the life you want by spending a few moments picturing it in your mind, this takes a great deal of commitment and dedication. It is not enough to simply dream of the life you want and expect it to appear. You must make a conscious effort to bring these things out of your mind and into your life.

Using mental imagery and positive thinking to instigate change and work towards your ambitions can be extremely rewarding. But, how does it work?

First of all, in order for this to be a success you will need to be completely honest with yourself about the things that you want in your life. Contemplate where you are in currently in the grand scheme of things and where you would like to be in the next few years. When you have a clear idea of what it is eactly that you want, you will be better equipped to work towards it.

Secondly, remember that visualising your future and fantasising about unrealistic dreams are two different things. If you try to imagine a future for yourself that you know is completely out of reach, then you are likely to be disappointed in the long run. That’s not to say that you shouldn’t aim high! Simply that you should be sensible in your desires and your future goals for yourself.

Finally, be fearless and don’t listen to the negativity of other people. We all know that change is scary but it is a necessary part of evolving as a person. If we all stayed still forever then we would have extremely boring and unfulfilling lives. We have to step outside of our comfort zones in order to live the lives we truly want. So, if you picture yourself moving to a different country or quitting your job to follow your passion, then be sure to turn these thoughts into actions. When you make a huge change like this it is inevitable that certain people around you will have a negative attitude about it. Don’t let them project their own fears onto you and simply let them know that you are making positive changes for the better.

Make sure to always take the time to check in with yourself about the progress you are making. Self-reflection is a powerful tool and when you combine it with visualisation and positive thinking techniques then there is no telling how far you can go!

1. lulu says:

Hmmm, this may have come along at just the right time. I need a bit of encouraging today.

1. Sacha says:

I need more happiness in my life can’t cope with narste people in the world makes me very depressed especially I’ve got a 11 year old boy an he off to secondary school September and I’m worried sick because there is so much bullying in schools I’m afraid for him

2. I have definitely been working on that more lately!

3. Katecameo says:

So glad I ran into this today, awesome post!

4. LauraJane says:

My boyfriend and I live by this philosophy! It is so empowering when you believe you are in control of your own future.
    Have you ever listened to Tony Robbins?

Thanks and thanks for visiting! I haven’t but thank you for the suggestion 🙂 x

5. I love these posts. Thank you, Julie!

6. rheachandra says:

Reblogged this on another story of Rhea..

7. A great and encouraging post Julie. It’s great to be reminded every now and again and to, as you say, know the difference between aiming high and chasing unrealistic goals. No doubt, folks have come across negative people and I marvel that there are people of that ilk out there who relish playing the doom forecaster when they could easily buoy people up with some positive and complimentary pats on the back.
    I’ll take this opportunity to wish you continued success in 2016 and may you keep going from strength to strength. ~ Wendy

8. Laura Honey says:

Love this post! Sometimes the negative people around us who don’t want us to change are worrying about us genuinely. For instance, my mum comes from a poor family in a little town – so she worries about me taking risks because she highly values security. But then there are also plainly negative people who don’t want me to stir up the pot!! Love your advice about having to create a plan that helps us make our dreams a reality ! x

Thanks and thanks so much for visiting my blog! xx

9. This is a true thing! Law of attraction! Trying to work and improve this every day!

10. Reblogged this on MEDLIFE AND STUFF and commented:
    Excelent post!

11. Swizzle says:

This was a great read 🙂

12. This is great. People never realize how powerful their thoughts are. We can manifest anything we want 🙂

13. breadomlette says:

Use your mind to produce the things you want….
    Visit to my blog and give your valuable comments….