Aubergine and Cauliflower Curry

It isn’t difficult to find a recipe for the perfect curry but it is difficult to find a recipe that is as healthy as it is delicious! With this recipe I am confident that I have reached the best amounts of both! The combination of cauliflower and aubergine provide fantastic nutritional benefits, and that is not to mention the health kick provided by the added ginger and brown rice too.

As you will all know, I am a big lover of whole grain foods and serving this curry with brown rice will not only make it taste better but will also ensure you are nourishing your body at the same time! Whole grains contain a massive range of vitamins and minerals, many of which are lost when a grain is processed into a different product! So opting for the whole grain variety of any food will ensure that you are getting the best amount of health boosting properties in your meal as possible!

The following ingredients will serve two – three people:

1 onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 cup of uncooked brown rice
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh ginger
1 aubergine, chopped into 2cm chunks
1 small cauliflower, in small florets
1 yellow pepper, chopped into 2cm chunks
1 Tbsp. Curry Powder
4 Tbsp. tomato puree
A handful of coriander, chopped

aubergine_curry_cauliflowerSo to get started, the first thing you will need to do is cook the rice in a large pot of water over a high heat for 25 minutes until it is soft.  Then, remove it from heat and drain. Next, in a large frying pan, fry the onion, the ginger and the garlic for between three and five minutes.  Next, add the aubergine, cauliflower and yellow pepper with two tablespoons of olive oil.

The next step is to heat this pan over a high heat for between ten and twelve minutes. After this time these ingredients should all be cooked through.  You can then mix in the curry spice and tomato puree. Spend the next two minutes stirring the pan before you serve with the rice and then top with coriander.  Season with salt and pepper to taste if required.

1. lulu says:

The combination of favors sound wonderful.

2. Yummy! Full of flavours and super healthy!

3. This looks delicious!! Love cauliflower and curry!

4. Thank you for sharing another yummy sounding recipe 🙂

5. Drooling. Positively drooling

6. Looks great – you should also look at making your own curry powder – it takes curries to another level!

1. I never even knew you could make your own curry powder! That’s interesting… definitely something to look into!

1. Yes do you won’t look back!

7. kalison0515 says:

I look forward to trying this one. I’d like to have another go-to recipe for eggplant. Do you ever peel it before cooking?

1. beanstalk14 says:

I know of this recipe that involves eggplant and garlic sauce. I can give it to you if you’d like?

8. Jade Hunter says:

This looks amazing- Cannot wait to try it. I’m on a mission to find healthy recipes that my boyfriend likes too- he was a little tired of my kale omlettes and celery sticks!

9. YeshuaNoel42 says:

I try to stay low carbs, myself, not a vegetarian but good recipes like this really help, thanks! You happen to know a good vegan recipe for pizza crust? I heard of one using cauliflower but I haven’t got to try it yet

10. beanstalk14 says:

This sounds amazing and I cannot wait to try it!

11. Aprylle says:

Oh wow does that look delicious!

12. Honey Daley says:

I am drooling over this! Cant wait to try this! x

13. uberdrea says:

Oh yum! This looks like it would be very enjoyable and I reckon I’m going to make it tonight since nothing is on the menu 🙂 cheered for the recipe.

14. I was just thinking about a veggie curry today. Looks like I have my go to recipe 🙂

15. merrylou says:

Im a curry lover 😀

16. Vonnie says:

I need more recipes like this as I develop a more plant based diet. Thank you

17. Idietitianin says:

Yummy!It looks delicious!
    I just love Cauliflower, wether it is mixed with some other vegetable or whatever. I am just fond of Cauliflower curry, but could never make it so delicious, so definitely I will try out this recipe.I have tried many times with Crispy Cauliflower with Tahini sauce.

18. Daniel says:

When do I add the ginger???

Thanks for pointing that out! You can add the ginger with the onion and garlic 🙂 Thanks!!