Sweet Corn with Coconut Oil, Lime and Chilli

Growing up in the Midwest, corn was a massive part of my diet and we would literally have it for dinner every night in the summer months! In true Midwest style we would BBQ it fresh for each meal and enjoy whilst hot and dripping with butter and salt. It was delicious even if it wasn’t the healthiest! This recipe is my nutritious twist on this childhood summer meal that is prepared just as we used to do it – straight on the BBQ!

Corn contains an impressive range of antioxidants as well as phosphorus and manganese. It is also high in fiber which makes it great for digestion. The high fiber count also means it is beneficial for your blood sugar levels which can help to prevent diabetes. Nutritional research has shown that eating corn can help the body to absorb essential minerals, such as iron, zinc and calcium!

You will need the following ingredients to make your own:

4 fresh corn on the cobs, husks removed
4 Tbsp. of coconut oil
Zest of 2 limes & juice of 2 limes
2 tsp. red chilli flakes

Once you have your BBQ flamed up and ready to go, you can begin preparing the meal by rubbing the coconut oil, lime juice and chilli flakes onto your corn. Once you have done this, wrap each piece of corn in aluminium foil individually. Next, place the wrapped corn onto your BBQ and cook for approximately 15 minutes, being careful to keep it away from the flames. Every couple of minutes you can turn it over to ensure that it cooks through evenly.

Once the 15 minutes have passed, remove the corn from the heat and also remove the aluminium foil. You can then sprinkle each piece with some of the lime zest and enjoy!

Join me on Facebook and never miss another recipe!

1. Boba Daily says:

This sounds delicious! Definitely going to try it out because its a flavorful corn without all the grease and fat, love it 🙂

2. This looks really great! I think we’ll try it this weekend!

3. Cindy says:

This looks AMAZING!!! 😜

4. Looks great. Going to try it here in South Africa over the weekend. So much of the food here ids avoiding corn, due to its gluten and carbs. Makes a change to see articles that are positive.

5. Ko says:

Oh my lord that looks delicious!

6. cheetahs says:

BBQ is big in South Africa. We can use these recipes. Enjoy!

7. oishivegan says:

That looks delicious and easy to prepare!!!!! 🙂

8. What is so remarkable is this is so much like what is found as ‘street food’ here in Mumbai, India!

9. Julie, just stocked up on corn actually because my less than 2 year old is obsessed with it and what mommy is going to say No to veges? I’m so glad you shared this recipe because this version excites me a lot more than plain corn, AGAIN! Any good ideas on eggplant recipes?

I will keep it in mind for future recipes 🙂 thanks so much for visiting!

10. Oh my, that looks and sounds amazing!!

Thanks and thanks for visiting!

11. lisperry says:

This looks so good!! I have steaks that need to be thrown on the grill and now I MUST go get corn 😉

12. YUM!! Thanks for sharing! ~ Ronna @paperplaneboutique

13. Yummyyyy! Would love to try it this week

14. I’ve never tried anything like this! Time for something new!

15. prakash7900 says:

nice.. will try this…

16. YPF says:

Makes me hungry. Pics are good and enticing