Courgetti Spaghetti, Grapefruit and a Brazil Nut, Coriander and Lemon Pesto

Courgette/Zucchini noodles are seriously becoming the biggest craze and I absolutely love them not only because they taste so good, but that it’s actually rather fun to spiralize them!  Even Nestor, my youngest, always wants a go and I always love to find new ways to get the kids involved in the kitchen!

Courgettes are incredibly low calorie with approximately just 17 calories in a 100 grams! They have immense anti-oxidant value which, as we know, means fantastic things for your body and overall health. Although they contain a great range of vitamins and minerals, potassium is one of the best components contained within and is found in abundance! This means that your heart will really feel the benefit when you include courgettes in your diet frequently. Adding grapefruits into this recipe also means amazing things for your heart as they are a tasty source of potassium too! Grapefruit also boasts a healthy dose of vitamin A which has many essential functions in the body.

Getting an adequate amount of essential fats in your diet is important for maintaining your health and can also aid weight loss. Brazil nuts are a great source of this kind of fat and eating even a small amount of them can provide huge benefits. Some people choose not to eat nuts because of the high calorie count but in moderation this is not something that you need to worry about!courgetti_spaghettiTo make enough for four people, find the following ingredients:

2 large courgettes
2 grapefruits, peeled and in segments
1 cup brazil nuts
1/4 tsp. sea salt
3 Tbsp. of water
1/2 cup basil
1/2 cup of coriander
2 Tbsp. of olive oil
1/2 lemon, squeezed
1 small garlic clove

So let’s get started making your spaghetti! Using a spiralizer or mandolin, create spaghetti like ribbons and then put them to one side. Next, in your food processor, combine the brazil nuts, sea salt, water, basil, coriander, olive oil, lemon and garlic to create the pesto. If necessary then you can add more water if you like to make your pesto smoother. You can then thoroughly mix the pesto into the courgette noodles and top with the grapefruit segments after serving into bowls.

1. Oh, can’t wait to get my hands on a spiralizer to try this. Looks and sounds yummy! 🙂

2. thenovelist says:

As a vegetarian/vegan, I share many health tips on my page 🙂

3. Christie @ The Weekday Table says:

This looks sooo delicious. I must try this! I have been dying to get a spiralizer for months now…The grapefruit segments is a great idea!

4. Is this served raw? It looks beautiful, but I’m not sure I _want_ to eat such a substantial portion of raw zucchini (which I love in many ways, incidentally).

5. igeorge628 says:

I love anything with Pesto on it! So yummy looking….great!

6. Oh my Goodness. Yum man.

7. I purchased a spiraler a year or so ago and have yet to use it. I added this post to my reading list and plan to try this recipe. Thank you for sharing.

8. Feast Wisely says:

This makes me feel bad that I have’nt experimented yet with courgette pasta – might be the final nudge I need!

9. justasec83 says:

I’ve just bought a little gadget to make courgette spaghetti – it’s fantastic! Love your recipe, really original and will give it a try!

10. Looks really great. Not sure if there’s enough saturated fat for us there though 😉

11. This is my go to dish when I crave comfort food and need something fast. My home made pesto is alwasy in fridge so making this dish is literally super fast. I love that it is becoming a craze – healthy food is actually cool! Who’d have dreamt it?

12. jessicaykim says:

Looks so delicious! This shall be my dinner tonight. 😀

13. Somehow I always end up on your page right before lunch and my stomach just starts growling! Definitely trying this recipe with the meatless chia mushrooms. Looks so delicious!

Thanks so much for visiting!