Matcha Green Tea Cream Pots with Toasted Walnut Crumbs

This delicious dessert is the perfect healthy follow-up to any meal. It is an amazing combination of health boosting ingredients, such as the green matcha powder and the walnuts. Green matcha powder is rammed full of antioxidants and is cancer fighting whilst also being great for burning fat and boosting the metabolism. When you choose to eat raw, organic nuts, you really can’t go wrong in terms of doing good things for your overall health. Having said that, walnuts are one of the best choices you can make for all the amazing health properties they have. It is worth bearing in mind that the majority of the antioxidants in walnuts are found just under the waxy skin, so be sure not to remove it when you use them in the recipe. It does have a slightly bitter flavour but it’s not unpleasant and is well worth including in your dish.

To make three of these pots, find the following ingredients:

2 tsp. green matcha powder
250ml green tea
6 tbsp. maple syrup, honey or coconut nectar
100g toasted chopped walnut pieces
2 x 400ml tins of coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
1 tbsp. honey, maple syrup or coconut nectar
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
2 bananas, peeled and sliced into 2cm rounds

To make the matcha sauce, put the green tea, 3 tbsp of coconut nectar and 1 tsp. of matcha in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer for 5-10 minutes until sauce is thickened a bit.

Then you can toast the chopped walnuts in a dry frying pan over medium heat for 2-3 minutes. After these few minutes, you can remove them from heat and place in a bowl to cool.

To make the coconut cream, remove the tins from the fridge but be careful not to shake them. Open the tins and carefully scoop out the thickened cream off the top and place into a mixing bowl. Add the 1 tbsp. of coconut nectar and vanilla to the mixing bowl and beat well for 5 minutes until the cream is thick and fluffy.

In glass tumblers, layer the 2 tbsp. of the walnuts then drizzle with the matcha syrup, then top with a layer of coconut cream and enough bananas to cover the cream. You can then repeat the layers. Sprinkle the very top with more walnut crumbs and a drizzle of the matcha syrup. You can then enjoy immediately!

1. themayfairy says:

These look delicious – I LOVE walnuts. Usually eat them with cake, though. Not so healthy πŸ˜‰

2. awax1217 says:

Looks good and my wife and I might try it.

3. Beautiful dessert – I bet a slight ferment on the coconut milk would bring a nice tang to the mix.

4. Dina says:

Looks and sounds very yummy! Thank you so much for sharing the recipe, we’ll try it out.!
    Wishing you a great new week,
    Dina

5. OMG that looks delicious!

6. Yummmyyyy..:)πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹

7. Reblogged this on projectfood2015 and commented:
    Can’t wait to try this out someday soon!

8. Great tip! I was looking for some special drink or dessert made from green tea and this is something I really want to try!..thanks:)

And thanks to you for visiting!

9. Jen says:

Those look yummy!

10. Looks absolutely delicious! Definitely going to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing πŸ™‚

11. fravitch says:

Sounds great!! And I like your picture that you use Makisu. Good idea:-)

12. These look delicious! Matcha tea is my fave! and I love walnuts.

13. lcathrin says:

Oh my goodness! This sounds and looks awsome!! 😍

14. Yum! I can’t wait to try this out during my snow day tomorrow πŸ™‚ Thanks for sharing! Love anything with green tea! – Lizzie

15. M E Cheshier says:

This looks divine!

16. Hi Julie, I’m off to buy the ingredients but wanted to check this – what happens to the rest of the coconut milk? Thanks for this awesome sounding recipe. πŸ™‚

17. Can I replace coconut milk with almond milk instead?

Yes that should work just fine!

18. Oh My! They look absolutely delicious! Can’t wait to try!

19. Christie Wang says:

This looks like the perfect healthy dessert! I must try!

20. Reblogged this on purpose4destiny's Blog and commented:
    This looks delicious and it’s healthy!

21. Laura says:

Oh wow…. this looks so special & unique. It would make a great vegan dessert to serve non-vegans at a dinner party too!

22. Samantha Katz says:

This looks amazing! I cant wait to try! https://surfingdaily.wordpress.com/

23. What? One word- delicious!!

24. theprettylittlesparrow says:

Wow these look amazing!

25. raymond3500 says:

Reblogged this on raymondlwilson and commented:
    Something in life just makes you wonna have it’

26. Interesting dessert right there. I’ve been wanting to do a different recipe with matcha and just stumbled upon this site. I’ve tried the matcha cake and would like to know the recommended amount of matcha I should use.