Artichoke and Lentil Salad with Raspberry Dressing

This dish is amazing for all round nutrition as it combines fruits, vegetables and legumes in one delicious creation. The inclusion of maple syrup in the dressing gives it an extra nourishing kick and because this meal doesn’t take long to make, it is the perfect choice after a tiring day at work! When I’ve had a long day teaching yoga and then running the kids around after school, this is one of my first choices as it means less time between getting in the door and filling everyone up! The raspberry dressing is a great fit for most salad dishes and if maple syrup isn’t to your tastes then it can be swapped out in equal measure with any other natural sweetener!

To feed two people you will need the following ingredients and just double up for a family of four!

One cup of puy lentils

Pink Himalayan salt

Two cups of kale

50 grams of raspberries

One lemon

Apple cider vinegar

Maple syrup

Olive oil

One cup of pre-cooked artichoke

One red onion

Half a cup of sun-dried tomatoes

maybe

It’s always best to soak puy lentils before you use them. Upwards of four hours will do the trick but if you want to leave them soaking in the fridge overnight then that’s great too. Once your lentils have been soaked, boil them in a pan with two cups of water and a dash of salt.

maybe8

As soon as this pan is heating up, chuck your kale into a separate pan with three cups of water and boil. Next, in a jug or mixing bowl take your raspberries and blend them with one teaspoon of lemon juice, two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar, two tablespoons of maple syrup, one tablespoon of olive oil and two tablespoons of water. Sieve this mixture and place in the fridge for now.

maybe7

After approximately 10 – 15 minutes your kale and lentils should be cooked. So the next step is to transfer the kale into cold water to cool down and then drain the lentils before returning to the pan (with the heat turned off). Finely dice your red onion and mix with half a cup of sun-dried tomatoes into the pan of lentils. Once the kale is cooled it can also be added into the pan with the lentils, onion and sun-dried tomatoes. Your meal is now ready to serve so spoon onto two plates, drain the artichokes before you add them and finally take your raspberry dressing from the fridge to drip on as required.

1. What an absolutely gorgeous salad! Thank you for sharing this!

2. S dot Love says:

I’m absolutely obsessed with lentils. My mom always makes it in a soup, but I’m intrigued to try out this salad idea. Looks so yummy!

3. taylorread says:

Hi Julie, I’m a really picky eater and a student so healthy eating on a student budget is proving difficult! So most of my meals at the moment are chicken, ham, egg and then various vegetables for lunch and dinner.. Any ideas how I can vary this up with different flavourings as I guess this will become boring VERY quickly!

Hey thanks for visiting! Growing your own herbs is a great way to save money! Try coriander, mint and parsley to get started 🙂 also keeping a stash of cumin, turmeric, curry powder, cinnamon and garlic around will add flavour and nutrition to most meals! You will find that things like bulgar wheat and couscous are quite cheap and make a great addition to your meals!

1. caware2014 says:

Hello, I cannot figure out how to print this recipe? Thank you!

4. Leana Henke says:

Thank you for following my blog! I just followed back…. so difficult to find something so relevant to me with the mass of blogs out there. I love this blog! Expect regular likes and comments

Thanks for clicking back! Looking forward to your posts!

5. Serena says:

I love the combination of all these vegetables and the raspberry dressing sounds marvellous! Complete veggie dishes are the best! 🙂

6. Char says:

Reblogged this on Real Food Nuts.

7. Soup Guru says:

Loving artichokes and lentils as I do, this is a safe bet, delicious! 🙂

8. Claudia says:

Oh, absolutely YES! It’s beautiful and I can already imagine the flavours!

9. biancasee says:

All the colors in this are making my mouth water. This looks fresh beyond belief.

10. biancasee says:

Reblogged this on Living and breathing, however neurotically and commented:
    Artichokes and lentils with raspberries in a salad? Yes, please.

11. sarahinskeep says:

Wow, this salad sounds great! I can’t wait to try it! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

12. Thanks for visiting/following me. 🙂 You have a beautiful blog! And I love your ideas.

13. Joy says:

This looks delicious – I’ve just started cooking my own lentils – why I waited so long I’ll never know! Thanks for the visit to my blog and the follow as well, looking forward to checking out some more recipes on your site!

14. This looks so beautiful – love the dressing!

15. foodradical says:

This looks fantastic and so beautiful! I love all of your food pictures! You really capture the color and beauty of food. Thanks for checking out my blog and following it! I appreciate your support!

16. Tabitha says:

Oops! Just found your blog after seeing a green smoothie bowl on instagram, fantastic, I can’t wait to peruse through past posts. I really will make this salad tomorrow.

17. juliezimmer says:

Thanks for this original and healthy lentil recipe.