Leafy Green Curry with Mushrooms

As much as I love the Christmas season I’m not too keen on the weather that comes with it! Having a delicious hot meal in the evening can make all the difference to your mood, especially if you are beginning to feel drained by everything that goes hand in hand with the festive season. This Leafy Green Curry with Mushrooms is just the thing to fill you with nutrition and satisfy your appetite at the end of your day. To make enough for two people you’ll need the following ingredients:

leafy_green_curry_with_mushrooms_the_flexi_foodie2

1 tsp of coconut oil

½ a tsp of turmeric

1 tsp of cumin seeds

¼ of a cup of fresh basil

2 large tomatoes, finely chopped

1 tbsp of fresh grated ginger

1 cup of mushrooms

2 cups of fresh spinach, finely chopped

1 cup of kale, finely chopped

1 clove of garlic, finely chopped

1 red chill, finely chopped

2 cups of fresh broccoli

leafy_green_curry_with_mushrooms_the_flexi_foodie5So to begin, heat the oil in a medium sized frying pan and once hot, add the cumin seeds and leave for just 30 seconds before including the chopped tomato too.

leafy_green_curry_with_mushrooms_the_flexi_foodie3Next, grate the ginger into the pan and add the chopped chilli. Lower the heat and chop your mushrooms into thin slices.

leafy_green_curry_with_mushrooms_the_flexi_foodie5If the pan begins to get dry at this point then feel free to add a splash of water. Once the mushrooms are sliced, stir together for four or five minutes before adding the kale, spinach and broccoli into the pan.

leafy_green_curry_with_mushrooms_the_flexi_foodie7Let this cook for a few more minutes and then include the chopped garlic. At this stage you can add a little bit more water if necessary as well as salt and pepper to taste if you require. Your curry is now ready to serve!

1. awoni3 says:

That looks delicious, warm and fresh at the same time!

2. Faye Butler says:

YUM! Can’t wait to try this one – just what we need in the run up to the holidays and food overload! I might just make this our ‘simple Sunday supper’ this week….

Fantastic 🙂 let me know how you like it!

3. purpleplumcater says:

Reblogged this on purpleplumcatering and commented:
    Oh i need this right now! healthy delicious fresh food!

4. sounds delicious, I’ll definitely give it a try!

5. cailinceol says:

Hey! I make this, but I use like 200ml of coconut milk in mine and loads of different veg 🙂

Sounds fantastic 🙂

6. Laura says:

How delicious! Looks amazing!

7. Shweta Purohit says:

Looks awesome and healthy as well!

8. lauramacky says:

Yum!!!! I love greens and curry. I’m in!

9. Oh, how I love curry! I have a pretty amazing curry cookbook with recipes from all over the world, from Bengali tamarind fish curry to Pakastani vegetable curry, to Malaysian coconut curry soup and everything in between. I’ve probably tried 100 different curries from it, and I loved them all. Time to get cooking… thanks for the reminder!

10. missgiven says:

Love everything CURRY!

11. nco04662 says:

This looks absolutely delicious. I love that it is a vegetarian meal. Will suit my family with a couple of vegetarians, as well as for the others who will have had a fill of turkey at lunch. Can’t wait!

12. Rörschåch says:

Perfect for this season of excess.

13. alexavec says:

This looks absolutely delicious! Thanks for sharing!

14. Sharon Nyatanga says:

loving this. I am getting on the vegetarian waggon for about 6 weeks as from Jan 1 and really need more tips and recipes from you. Bless you!

15. I can’t wait for garden season. I grow my own veggies and now I have a brand new dish to try them on. I’ll use morel mushrooms from the forest and sneak some fiddle head ferns in there too. Can’t wait.

16. I’m looking forward to making this Julie. Could you give me some advice on how to choose a piece of ginger. I end up picking stringy ones. Thanks again for your wonderful recipes. Happy Christmas!

17. Yum. Thanks for the follow!

18. mwitasblog says:

Dear Julie: 1. Thank you for visiting my blog.
    2. You are a great writer and I’ll certainly be reading your lovely posts.
    3. I agree with your conclusion about that Mediterranean diet, except for the fish: I am crazy about fish.
    4. As a Christian myself, I would encourage you to have a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ than to tangle with dangerous things like yoga. I know that sounds extremist; but it is the truth: yoga and other Eastern ‘educations’ are very dangerous. Please forgive me for telling you that.

19. ramuneb says:

It looks yammyyy 🙂 I’ll definitely try this recipe. Very nice photos!

20. Tammy says:

Greens and curry and warmth in the winter. Yum!

21. I LOVE eating, but am a moderately dismal cook. I would have added the ingredients in nearly the opposite order, so thank you for the tip, I’ll be trying your way next time!

22. 1munito1 says:

Did I miss a step? when did the Turmeric and basil go in?

23. Alix says:

Hi Julie, sounds really nice. I wanted to try it tomorrow. When do you add the turmeric and basil? (i read the recipe several times and can’t find it or maybe I can’t see very well ;)!). Thank you very much and Happy New Year!

24. Salve says:

Looks really delicious Miss Julie. I can’t wait to try this one. Belated Happy New Year to you!

25. This looks delicious! I am going to try it & let you know how it turns out! I’m new to the cooking duty! Thank you for sharing this! Have a phenomenal week!

26. hnzosan030 says:

I tried this. It was the first time I Made a real, quality curry! Thank You!!

27. sandradan1 says:

Hi Julie
    I was new to blogging last year and I guess I have explored hundreds of different blogs over the year – people who live in Spain, writers, photographers, foodies, book reviewers and some I struggle to define! That’s a lot of reading. Your blog is one I keep returning to, and so I’d like to nominate you for the Sunshine Award.
    Please click below to read more about the award:-
    Many thanks, and Happy Blogging in 2014!
    Sandra

28. Ginger and garlic are just magic, aren’t they? Great recipe!

29. I love the color and the ingredients – I’ll try it! Thanks so much for visiting and following my blog. I look forward to reading more of your “healthy” posts.

30. Gita says:

Dear friends, Brahmakumaris are vegetarian… and emphasize the importance of keeping thoughts pure… when preparing food… they either enhance or decrease the vibes of what we eat…thus affecting our health… vegetarian lifestyle is also more conducive to achieving total peace of mind.
    There is Brahmakumaris meditation…that relaxes the mind…nurtures a healthy balance between inner and outer worlds…recharge… rejuvenate the inner-self…

31. Looks delicious and healthy! Merci, too, for visiting my blog.

32. Say Simba says:

Outstanding. I am glad I found your site. Thank you in turn for reading mine. I hope I can share this recipe.

33. karoonw says:

I’ll try to cook this tomorrow!! It looked soooooo delicious 😛

34. mmmtastethis says:

Nice dish! We love the colorful veg & tasty, vibrant spices!

35. J M Naszady says:

Yum! Thanks for following my blog, and sharing yours.

36. Ben says:

Looks good, and delicious. Good food doesn’t have to be unhealthy<3

37. Adelemm says:

Wow! I must try this, it looks divine. Just found your blog from you following mine (huge thanks!). Yoga & food; a woman after my own heart. I’ll be following!

38. fiona155 says:

Thanks for following my blog. There are so many recipes on yours that look delicious like the one above. I will definitely follow yours 🙂

39. Thanks so much for stopping by and following. Your recipes look delicious – I love your philosophy. I will check back often!

40. Jen Payne says:

I am pleased to nominate you for the Versatile Blogger Award. The rules are here: http://versatilebloggeraward.wordpress.com/vba-rules/ Congratulations! — Jen

41. Your blog is very interesting, and I am following it. I invite you to follow mine. Blessings to you.
    Senior Pastor/Equipping The Saints
    Philip 3:10, “That I Might Know Him”