Mint CocoChip Ice Cream

I truly love mint anything!  Mint tea, mint on potatoes, mint in smoothies and now mint in my ice cream.  And this ice cream is not only dairy free and refined sugar free….. but utterly delicious.  I concocted this recipe because my 12 year old is a mint-a-holic just like his mom. 🙂  And we were gagging for something minty and cold over the weekend.  But not only is mint uber refreshing and delicious it’s nutritious too!

P1090484

Mint is amazing at aiding in:

Skin Care and Pimples: While mint oil is a good antiseptic, mint juice (yes, the juice!) is an excellent skin cleanser. It soothes skin, and helps to cure infections and itchiness, as well as being a good way to reduce pimples.

Nausea & Headache: The very strong and refreshing fragrance of mint is a quick and effective remedy for nausea. Even just the smell of freshly crushed mint leaves or eating with mint, and your stomach issues will be alleviated.

Respiratory Disorders and Coughs: The strong fragrance of mint is very effective in clearing up congestion of the nose, throat, and lungs, which in turn relieves respiratory disorders that often result from asthma and the common cold.

Weight Loss: Mint stimulates the digestion of fat! You can chop the mint leaves and add them to any dish!

P1090493

So, dust off your blenders and grab the following which serves 2!  Or ONE if you’re greedy.

1 frozen banana

1/2 cup coconut milk

1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

1 avocado

4 drops peppermint essential oil

1/4 cup cacao nibs

1/2 cup spinach

4 mint large mint leaves

2 dates

3 ice cubes (optional)

Blend together and then fold in nibs….

P1090518
P1090525
Either serve immediately or put into a container and pop in freezer for later… although once you’ve tasted it, I doubt you’ll be able to wait that long!
P1090535

1. Thank you so much for this recipe! I’ve been craving mint chocolate chip ice cream forever, but thought I’d never find a healthy version!

2. yogagalla says:

Julie, your posts always make me hungry:)

3. Tried this, what an amazing treat. I love mint too and it always leaves me feeling refreshed – doubly the case here as it was lovely and cold! Thanks for a fab recipe.

4. Su Leslie says:

What can I say …. nom nom nom!

5. Uh oh. If I show my wife and/or son this recipe I might be making a quadruple batch stat!

I hope you all love it! 🙂

6. violetannie63 says:

Sounds delicious! Thanks for following my blog too 🙂 Much appreciated.

7. Mmm looks amazing! Need to start adding avocado for that extra creamy texture.

8. Thanks for following Little Bit Sweet! This recipe looks amazing…I’ll definitely be trying it out 🙂

9. Whoa! You made that yourself?? Amazing! Love your “Flexi-Foodie” handle, and really enjoyed your bio.

Hey Mark, thanks for visiting and leaving your comments! I hope you find lots here to please your taste buds!

10. I’m going to try this. I hope my older son likes it, I think it will be a big help to him. Thanks for sharing this!

11. AnElephant just loves ice cream.
    But he is not creative so he just goes to the shop!

No need to be creative 🙂 it’s not as difficult as you may think!

12. Sunshine says:

thank you for posting this! I am so much in ice cream. gotta give this a try at home soon!

13. This is amazing. The best part is you don’t need an ice cream maker for this. The color is amazing and so are the ingredients. I love your photographs as well… The yellow nail polish with the purple beets was awesome. I’m glad I checked your blog out.

14. Rachel says:

Looking forward to trying this….mmmm. (P.S Mint sauce also goes amazingly well on roast potatoes 🙂 )

15. This looks so yummy 😀

16. I delight in, lead to I discovered exactly what I used to be looking for.

You’ve ended my four day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have
    a grest day. Bye

17. HB says:

Is this made with tinned coconut milk or the kind you put on your cereal? If the latter, could almond milk be used instead?

Hey! It generally works better with tinned coconut milk but you could give it a go with almond milk. I would suggest using slightly less though! Let me know how it works out 🙂